This article contains information about common error messages in Microsoft Outlook, as well as tips to resolve the issue.Some errors and error messages you may encounter while using Microsoft Outlook include the following messages:
This error message typically deals with how an outgoing email message has been formatted. Check the To: field of the message first to ensure that the recipients address is correct.
This error can also occur when there is a problem within HTML-based email messages. Try changing the outbound message’s format to plain text or rich text should resolve this. Visit Microsoft Support to find out how to change the message format.
First make sure that your computer still has an active network connection. To do this, simply click your computer’s wireless icon to see which Wi-Fi network–if any–it is connected to.
If you have verified that you are connected to a network and are still experiencing issues with Outlook, make sure that there are no permissions issues interrupting your ability to send emails.
Occasionally, a blocked firewall port or over aggressive antivirus software can cause this error. Try unblocking the firewall port or scaling back your antivirus’s protections (at least temporarily).
If you have fixed any problems with your connectivity, firewall, or antivirus and are still having problems, delete and recreate your Outlook profile.
If you are having difficulty sending and/or receiving emails from your BYU-Idaho account, it is probably because a pop-up blocker on your computer is preventing this from happening. How you can disable the pop-up blocker varies depending on your Internet browser.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Go to the Chrome menu and select Settings.
3. Select Show Advanced Settings at the bottom of the page.
4. Under Privacy, select Site Settings.
5. Under Pop-ups, select the Blocked (recommended) toggle button so that it switches to Allowed.
1. Open Safari.
2. Select Safari from the menu at the top of the screen.
3. Select Preferences from the Safari menu.
4. The Preferences pane will open. Select Websites.
5. Select Pop-up Windows from the side menu.
6. From the list next to When visiting other websites:, select Allow.
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Select Tools from the bar at the top of the screen.
3. Select Pop-up Blocker from the Tools menu.
4. Select Turn Off Pop-up Blocker from the Pop-up Blocker menu.