Once you have set up your OneDrive account (see “Setting Up Your OneDrive Account”), follow these steps to access OneDrive from any of the following methods:
- From a Windows Desktop
- From a Mac
- From Your BYU-Idaho Email on the Web
- From a Browser
- From the Mobile App
- From a Link
If at any time Microsoft OneDrive asks you to choose between establishing a “Personal” and a “Work or School” account, select Work or School for storing your work-related or school-related documents. To learn more about the difference between a “Personal” and “Work or School” OneDrive account, check out our article Using OneDrive for Business and Personal Use.
1. You can search for the OneDrive app by typing OneDrive after you click on the Start button in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen. If the app appears, select Open.
2. You may also be able to see the OneDrive icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Select it.
You might need to select the carrot arrow in the bottom right corner to see the OneDrive cloud icon.
3. A new window will appear asking you to enter your email address. Enter your username followed by @byui.edu. Select Sign in.
4. The BYU-Idaho login page will appear in another window. Sign in with your login credentials as you normally would, then continue with the on-screen instructions provided.
1. You can search for apps on your computer by going to the Launchpad.
2. Type OneDrive into the search bar and select the app that appears.
3. If you can already see the OneDrive icon in the upper right-hand corner of your Mac, you may already have a personal account with OneDrive. Select the OneDrive icon.
4. A window will dropdown. Select More and then Preferences.
5. A preferences window will appear. Select Account and Add an Account.
6. A new window will appear asking you to enter your email address. Instead of entering your assigned BYU-Idaho email address, enter your BYU-Idaho username followed by @byui.edu.
7. The BYU-Idaho login page will appear in another window. Sign in with your login credentials as you normally would.
1. Open your BYUI Outlook email.
2. Select the app launcher, or waffle icon, located in the top left corner.
3. Select the OneDrive app.
The Microsoft OneDrive app is currently available on Windows, Android, and Apple (iOS) devices.
1. Download the Microsoft OneDrive app from your device’s app store or navigate to OneDrive for Windows.
- If you downloaded the app to your computer, there would have been a step with a button that says Get OneDrive on your phone or tablet. Enter your phone number.
- If you used the link provided in step 1, you will receive a text message with a link to download OneDrive on your mobile device.
2. Once the app is installed on your device, open it.
3. Enter your BYU-Idaho email, then you will be redirected to sign in with your BYU-Idaho credentials.