All BYU-Idaho accounts will be required to undergo a password reset beginning on Friday, February 19.
- Beginning on Tuesday, February 23 at 5:00 p.m. (MST), any user who has not already changed their password will be required to create a new password at their next login. Users will not be able to access any services requiring a BYU-Idaho account until a new password has been created. This includes the authenticated on-campus wi-fi. If you are on campus after this date and time, and have not yet reset your password, you should temporarily connect to the “BYUI Visitor” wi-fi, reset your BYU-Idaho account password, and then log in to the authenticated network with your new password.
- Beginning on Friday, February 26 at 8:00 a.m. (MST), any user who has not already changed their password will be assigned a new, randomized password, and will be locked out of their BYU-Idaho account. If you are locked out, you should use the “Forgot Password” function, which can be found on the BYU-Idaho login screen, to set a new password.
- Only those who have BYU-Idaho username and password are required to change their password. However, all students should practice changing their passwords on a regular basis.
You may need to forget the BYU-I Wi-Fi on your phone before changing your password. This will enable you to reconnect to the BYU-I Wi-Fi with your new password. For more information, see the article Forgetting Wi-Fi.
This article walks you through the process of changing your BYU-Idaho password.
1. Click the following link to change your password: Change Password.
2. Enter the required information, check the I'm not a robot box, and click Submit.
3. If you are an employee, reboot your computer or log out and back in with your new password. You'll need to use your new password to get into your shared drives and Outlook mailboxes.