You can build or rebuild your Microsoft Outlook profile and make it your default. Follow these steps to set a new default profile.
1. Go to your BYU-Idaho account and select the Email tab.
2. Select your name in the top right-hand corner.
3. Select Open Another Mailbox.
4. Type in the email address.
5. Exit Outlook.
6. Select Start.
7. Type Run and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
8. In the window that opens, type Outlook.exe/profiles into the blank Open bar.
9. Select OK.
10. When Outlook opens, select New.
11. A window will appear asking you to enter a name for the profile. Type in the name you would like to have attached to this profile.
12. A window will appear asking you for information about you and your email address.
- In the E-mail Address field, type in your BYU-Idaho username followed by @byui.edu.
- In the Password field, type in your BYU-Idaho password, then type it again in the Retype Password field.
13. Outlook will now configure your profile. This may take a few minutes. Once the configuration is complete, select Finish on the pop-up that appears.
14. A pop-up will appear asking you to choose a default profile. Select the name of the profile you just created.
15. Select Options and check the box that says Set as default profile.
16. Select OK.
17. Outlook may ask for your username and password again. Follow step 12 by making sure to use the [email protected]/BYU-Idaho password format.
18. Check the Remember my credentials box.
For more help visit BYU-Idaho's Yammer community for Microsoft Outlook Users.