Choose your email app of choice. We recommend Microsoft Outlook, but other apps will work similarly.
1. Scroll down on the home page of your phone and tap the Settings icon.
2. Scroll down until you see the Accounts section.
3. Tap Add account.
4. Choose the app you want to add. In this case, tap Outlook.
5. When prompted, use your BYU-Idaho email address and follow the steps to log in.
If you are not redirected to the byui.edu login page, make sure to input email@example.com not firstname.lastname@example.org in the domain or username field. For example, if you log in with the username JohnDoe and your email is email@example.com, then login with JohnDoe@byui.edu instead of firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Enter outlook.office365.com as the server. Leave everything else on default.
1. If you do not already have an email account linked to your iPhones native Mail app, you can add one as soon as you open the app. Otherwise, open the Settings app and go to Passwords & Accounts.
2. Under Accounts, tap Add Account.
3. Select Other.
4. Under Mail, tap Add Mail Account.
5. On the following screen enter your name and BYU-Idaho email and password, then tap Next.
6. The form will then expand, asking for a host name, username, and password. Use the following:
- Host Name: outlook.office365.com
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: (your BYU-Idaho password)
Be sure to put @byui.edu at the end of your username to connect correctly.
7. You will then be able to configure which native Apple services you would like to use with that account. Make your selections, then tap Save.
8. You should now find your BYU-Idaho email accessible from your iPhone’s Mail app.
If you choose not to use the native Apple Mail app, you can download another mail app of your choice. The following instructions are for the Microsoft Outlook app, which works best for BYU-Idaho email.
- Download the Outlook app and open it.
- Enter your BYU-Idaho email, then tap Add Account.
- You will be directed to BYU-Idaho's login page. Enter your BYU-Idaho username and password and tap Login.
- It may then ask you if you want to add another account. If you want, you can sync your other email accounts such as Gmail or Yahoo with the Outlook app too. You can even sync a storage account such as OneDrive for Business or Dropbox.
- Open the Settings app and tap Passwords & Accounts.
2. Select Byui from the list of email accounts.
3. Tap Delete Account.
4. Tap Delete Account in the pop-up to confirm.