At its core, Office 365 is a subscription service that ensures you always have the most updated tools from Microsoft.
- The latest Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, with the ability to install them on up to 5 personal devices (PCs, Macs, tablets, phones).
- Access to Office Online apps from any browser in any location worldwide, using your campus credentials.
- 1 terabyte of cloud storage through OneDrive for Business.
Other tools for enterprise users that compare with industry-leading offerings, such as:
- Delve: compare with "Pinterest"
- Planner: compare with "Trello"
- Teams: compare with "Slack"
- Yammer: compare with "Facebook"
BYU-Idaho’s Office 365 plan includes Office 2019 with the fully installed Office applications that you are familiar with—like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel—plus extra online storage and more.
Office 2019 is also sold as a one-time purchase, which means you pay a single, up-front cost to get Office applications for one computer. Most users can get this for free from www.byuistore.com. One-time purchases are available for both PCs and Macs. One-time purchases do not have an upgrade option, which means if you plan to upgrade to the next major release, you will have to buy it at full price, unless you are still a student or employee when the next major release occurs. Neither alumni nor retirees are eligible for free upgrades.
Employees and students are eligible for both the Office 365 subscription and the Office 2019 download. Visit the Downloading & Installing Microsoft Office for Free article for more information.