BYUI faculty, staff, and students are now eligible to receive Sophos Home Commercial Edition software at no cost. This commercial edition license includes antivirus and premium features like malware and ransomware detection, web filtering, and banking and privacy protection. This tutorial will show you how to download the Sophos antivirus software on your remote device.
1. Go to the Sophos Home Commercial Use Edition login page.
2. Enter your BYU-Idaho email, then click Submit.
3. A confirmation link will be sent to your email. Check your inbox.
4. Click Create Account in the email. This will bring you back to the Sophos website.
5. Fill in the boxes to register. Then click Create Account.
If the coupon code does not autofill, use the code sent in the confirmation email.
6. You will receive a confirmation email. Check your inbox.
7. Click Confirm email in the email. This will bring you back to the Sophos website.
8. Enter the username and password you just created and click Sign In.
9. Click Download.
10. Run the SophosInstall file to install the software.
It should take about 6 minutes to install and will require a restart.