Since BYU-Idaho employees are working remotely to avoid contracting and/or spreading COVID-19, additional protection is available for their home computers. This tutorial will show you how to download the Sophos antivirus software on your remote device.
1. Go to the Sophos Home Commercial Use Edition login page.
2. Enter your BYU-Idaho email, then click Submit.
3. A confirmation link will be sent to your email. Check your inbox and click the link provided, then follow the steps to finish the confirmation.
4. Click Create Account.
5. Fill in the boxes to register. Then click Create Account.
If the coupon code does not autofill, use the code sent in the confirmation email.
6. You will receive a confirmation email. Click Confirm email, and sign in with the username and password you just created.
7. Click Download.
8. Run the SophosInstall file to install the software.
It should take about 6 minutes to install and will require a restart.