1. In your internet browser, navigate to portal.office.com
2. Type your BYU-Idaho email into the sign in box, and select Next.
3. If you are asked to select the type of Microsoft account you want to use, select Work or school account.
3. A message will appear saying "Taking you to your organization's sign-in page," and you will be navigated to the BYU-Idaho Login page. Enter your username and password, and select Login. Authenticate with Duo Push if necessary.
4. Once you are logged in, you will be navigated to the Microsoft Office Home, where you can access all the Office 365 apps online. All the Office 365 apps you have access to will be visible on the left side of the page.
Note: The apps shown here may be different than the apps that appear for you.
5. To access an app, click on the corresponding icon. If you are unsure which app each icon represents, hover over the icon and the app's title will appear next to it. Word is shown here as an example.
6. When you open Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, there will be two sections on the page. In the New section at the top, you can create a new document that is either blank or from a template. In the Recommended section, you can open a document that has already been created. Word is shown here as an example.
7. To create or open a document, select it from this page, and it will open in a new tab. Word is shown here as an example.
For more help visit BYU-Idaho's Yammer community for Microsoft 365 Users.